15 August 2010

Here's to catching up.

Meet our Family!
We are a homeschooling family, just trying to find a fun and easy way to keep track of our schoolwork, field trips, crafts, ect. Please feel free to share our ideas and recipes with your family and friend.

Here is our family!

Daddy (Charles) is the bread-winner, although he never brings home the blue-ribboned loaves! He has moved up in his company quickly, and after three years of shift work, he has a regular nine to five! He was in the Army for 7 years. Now he is a professional nerd!

I, Mommy (Carrie) stay at home and keep out house running, though sometimes it runs in circles. I do most of the schooling, and household tasks. I am even starting to cook! I am a young mom, but I am pretty damn good at what I do!

Charlie is a bright, brainy, and stark child. She is lacking a sense of humor, or she has the nerd one of her own! She was born in 2005.

McKenzie is a bubbly, chipper, and silly child. She dances to her own drum, and even writes her own songs! She was born in 2007.

Huxley is a dark chocolate lab mixed with horse? moose? elephant? He is gorgeous, until he opens his mouth, at which point the dumb falls out. He was born in 2006.

Garfield is an orange tabby lion. He is the most finicky thing ever. He has taught the others to poop in one litter pan and pee in the other. He was born in 2006.

Licorice is a white, flame tipped shredder. He is also cross-eyed and shreds anything he can. He is skilled and catches flies out of the mid air. He was born in 2008.

Sweetie is a grey/brown tabby marshmallow. Her favorite thing to do is give back massages...when you are sleeping. Those claws sure do know how to say "I love you!" She was born in 2009.


Childhood funnies!!
Over the past five years of being a mommy, I have heard some pretty funny things come from my daughters' mouths.

To start, when Charlie was 10 months old, she was very curious and wanted to try and read Daddy's paper books. I told her no, that those were for Daddy, and she has her own to read. She smiled oh so sweetly and said, "but, I pity!" This confidence has shown everyday since then! She was crushed the day her "boyfriend", Carsyn is a year older, told her she was not pretty enough! She hadn't brushed her hair yet that day, and h
e let her know that was a no-no. As soon as she finds out he is on his way over, she is running to get "beautiful".
When we had first bought our house, we had a closet for chemicals. Charlie had just started walking and Daddy messed up and left the door to that closet open. Charlie toddled over to him and with a shaking finger she said, "You naughty Daddy! You close closet, k Daddy? You naughty, go close closet Daddy!" She continued until he got up and closed the closet.
When driving home one afternoon, and being sick of getting cut off by the other drivers, I hollered, "learn how to drive!" Charlie pipes up from the back seat, "Are you going to teach them to drive Mommy?"

When Daddy yelled at at another driver, Charlie asked, "Are they stup
id Rodo drivers?" Mommy has taught her the truth about the drivers in Colorado!
When Daddy asked McKenzie is she was sleepy, she looked at him puzzled and answered, "No, and I'm not Grumpy, or Dopey, or Doc either!"
McKenzie announced that she is a Mommy to her babies, so it is ok for her to say shit!

When Charlie was 2, I walked through the house and kicked the corner of the wall and broke my baby toe. I, for the first time caught myself, said, "Ouch, Darn it!" Charlie replied, "no Mommy, that WAS a damn it!" I am so happy she knows the difference between a darn it and a damn it!
We were driving to a birthday party and I had turned the wrong way. "Shoot, I have to turn around now."
Charlie said, "Mommy, you are silly."
"I know honey, you have a silly mommy."
"Yep, you have a silly mommy."
"Yeah, Grammy is silly.""No mommy, you are silly. Grammy doesn'
t get lost, but you do. You get lost on your bike. You get lost in you car. You get lost in Grampy's truck. AND you get lost in Grammy's truck!"
The sad thing is she is right. I am very bad with directions, and my three year old even knows this and often ties will realize I a going the wrong way before I do!

Charlie: "Mommy you have jello jigglers!"Mommy: "I do? Where?"
Charlie: "On your belly!"

Charlie and Daddy were making biscuits, and she is learning to sound words out, so Daddy asked, "What does biscuits start with?"
"They start with flour!"A few bedtime quotes."Daddy didn't realize I wasn't ready to go to bed yet."
"Mommy, you are mean to me, you put a heffalump in my room to scare me. Why are you being mean to me?"

McKenzie has always been Monkey, dubbed by her sister. I looked and her one day and said, "Hi, Monkey!" She looked at me a said, "No Mama, I Duck-Duck!" From that day on, she is Duck-Duck!

Charlie asked, "Mom, Did Duck-Duck give her Monkey name away?"
While carving pumpkins in 2008, we heard a sweet little voice say, "these damn string are frustrating me!" Daddy, not believing he heard correctly, says, "huh?" Charlie confirms for him by replying, "these damn strings Dad, they are frustrating me!" Daddy lost it. Too make things better, he comes in the other room shaking his finger at me, as I am the one who taught my daughter this fun little word. Right behind Daddy is 16 month old, McKenzie, and she is shaking her finger away at me!
Yesterday, when getting ready to go vote. My oldest daughter said, "M
ommy, you need to call and see if Grammy, Grampy, or Miranda are home, so they can watch Duck-Duck." I replied, "Why? She can go with us." "No, she doesn't know how to vote Mommy." With a puzzled face I replied, "Do you know how to vote?" "Well no, but I can learn!" I lost it at that point.

0 comments: